Amla C (natural antioxidant)
Amla C , or Amalaki, the ""Indian Gooseberry"" has been known for more than 3,000 years. Amla C belongs to the group of herbs that according to historic texts, ""Promote longevity and induce nourishment.""
- Amla's powerful antioxidant properties were first discovered in 1936. Biochem J. 1936 Jun;30(6):1014-20.
- The Tannoid Principles of Amla C are the chief antioxidant compounds in the fruit. Amla C supports normal levels of HDL and LDL by supporting the normal peroxidation responses. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2007 Mar;5(1):52-63
- In traditional Ayurveda, Amla C (Emblica officinalis) is considered a ""Rasayana,"" or rejuvenator. Amla C is highly nutritious, and an mportant dietary source of vitamin C, minerals, bioflavonoids and amino acids.
- Scientists at the Agharkar Research Institute in Pune, India compared 36 commonly consumed fruits, and found Amla C to contain a higher ascorbic acid content than any of the others!
- High in important antioxidant activity, Amla C supports the body's normal protection mechanisms as it deals with oxidative stresses. Researchers at the Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama,Japan called Amla C a very useful antioxidant in support of normal oxidative stress levels during the body's natural aging process.
- A plant-sourced vitamin C easily assimilated and well-used by the body*
- Contains one of the highest concentrations of vitamin C of any edible plant*
- Rich in antioxidant content*
- Supportive of normal liver function*
- Found in the famous Indian combinations Triphala and Chyavanprash
Serving Size: 1 caplet
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Organic Amla Fruit (Phyllanthus emblica Linn.) 250 mg*
standardized extract (45% Tannins -112.5 mg*)
Organic Amla Stem Powder 350 mg*
(2% Tannins - 7 mg*)
* Daily Value Not Established
Take 1 caplet twice daily before meals. Allow several weeks for full benefits and lasting results.
The following Himalaya formulas contain Amla C:
Chyavanprash Capsules, Chyavanprash with Honey, CoughCare, CoughCare Sugar Free, DermaCare, GastriCare, GlucoCare, HeartCare, ImmunoCare, ImmunoCare Liquid, LeanCare, MenoCare, MenstriCare, MindCare, MindCare Jr., MindCare Liquid, StressCare, Triphala, VeinCare